Various Artists - Copulatin' Blues Volume 2
Copulatin' Blues Volume 2 contains 25 more of the best Dirty Blues recordings of all time in a beautifully digitally remastered state. Featuring such legendary artists as Lil Johnson, Bessie Smith, Lucille Bogan, The Harlem Hamfats, Alberta Hunter, Blind Boy Fuller, The Mississippi Sheiks, Bo Carter, Walter Roland, and many other Blues Legends, this compilation is sure to be greatly enjoyed by any fan of the Pre-War blues genre.
- Pussy! (My Girl's Pussy) (Harry Roy & His Bat Club Boys) (3:22)
Clarinet/Alto Sax & Vocals - Harry Roy, Piano - Ivor Moreton, Banjo/Guitar - Tommy Venn, Bass - Arthur Calkin, Drums & Vocals - Bill Currie. Recorded At The Batclub In London, England August 1931.
- Try Some Of That (Oscar's Chicago Swingers Featuring Lovin' Sam Theard) (2:59)
Vocals - Lovin' Sam Theard, Clarinet - Odell Rand, Piano - Probably John Oscar, Guitar - Probably Kokomo Arnold & Another Unknown Musician, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago July 9th 1936.
- Big Mama (Walter Roland) (2:31)
Piano & Vocals - Walter Roland. Recorded In New York August 2nd 1934.
- Mr. Insurance Man (Cliff Edwards (AKA Ukulele Ike)) (2:50)
Ukulele & Vocals - Cliff Edwards, Piano - Probably Ben Light, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Hollywood November 1936.
- It's Too Big Poppa (Claude Hopkins Orchestra) (2:31)
Vocals - Rena Collins, Trumpet - Shirley Clay & Kenneth Rome, Alto Sax - Joe Evans & Pinky Williams, Tenor Sax - Joe Garland & Ted Barnett, Baritone Sax - Johnny Ricks, Piano - Claude Hopkins, Bass - John Brow, Drums - Wilbur Kirk. Recorded Circa 1945.
- She Squeezed My Lemon (Arthur McKay & Roosevelt Sykes) (2:39)
Vocals - Arthur McKay, Clarinet - Odell Rand, Piano - Roosevelt Sykes, Bass - Unknown. Recorded In Chicago April 30th 1937.
- Shake It Baby (Blind Boy Fuller) (2:52)
Guitar & Vocals - Blind Boy Fuller, Washboard - Oh Red (Bull City Red). Recorded In New York March 5th 1940.
- Elevator Papa, Switchboard Mama (Butterbeans & Susie) (3:13)
Vocals - Butterbeans (Joe Edwards) & Susie (Susie Edwards), Piano - Eddie Heywood. Recorded In New York August 11th 1930.
- If You Don't Give Me What I Want (Lil Johnson) (2:44)
Vocals - Lil Johnson, Trumpet - Mr. Sheiks (Alfred Bell), Piano - Probably Black Bob, Guitar - Probably Big Bill Broonzy, Bass - Unknown. Recorded In Chicago November 19th 1936.
- I Want Every Bit Of It (Rubberlegs Williams) (3:14)
Vocals - Rubberlegs Williams, Trumpet - Dizzy Gillespie, Trombone - Trummy Young, Alto Sax - Charlie Parker, Tenor Sax - Don Byas, Piano - Clyde Hart, Guitar - Mike Bryan, Bass - Al Hall, Drums - Specs Powell. Recorded January 1945.
- Bye Bye Cherry (Gene Autry) (1:21)
Guitar & Vocals - Gene Autry. Recorded In New York Possibly November 11th or 16th 1931 Session.
- I'm Gonna Shave You Dry (Walter Roland) (3:19)
Piano & Vocals - Walter Roland, Background Vocals - Lucille Bogan. Recorded In New York March 5th 1935.
- Loose Like That (The Mississippi Sheiks) (2:59)
Guitar & Vocals - Walter Vinson, Violin - Probably Lonnie Chatman, Speech - Bo Chatman. Recorded In San Antonio, Texas June 12th 1930.
- Little Girl (The Harlem Hamfats) (2:51)
Guitar & Vocals - Joe McCoy (AKA Hamfoot Ham), Trumpet - Herbert "Kid" Morand, Clarinet - Odell Rand, Piano - Horace Malcolm, Guitar/Mandolin - Charlie McCoy, Bass - John Lindsey, Drums - Pearlis Williams Or Fred Flynn. Recorded In Chicago October 2nd 1936.
- Ants In My Pants (Bo Carter) (2:53)
Guitar & Vocals - Bo Carter. Recorded In New York June 5th 1931.
- Hold Tight (Want Some Sea Food, Mama) (Fats Waller & His Rhythm) (2:16)
Piano & Vocals - Fats Waller, Trumpet - Herman Autrey, Clarinet/Tenor Sax - Gene Sedric, Guitar - Albert Casey, Bass - Cedric Wallace, Drums - Slick Jones. Recorded In New York January 19th 1939.
- I'm Wild About That Thing (Bessie Smith) (2:49)
Vocals - Bessie Smith, Piano - Clarence Williams, Guitar - Eddie Lang. Recorded In New York May 8th 1929.
- Pussy, Pussy, Pussy (The Light Crust Doughboys) (2:29)
Tenor Banjo, Speech (Female Voice), Lead, & Background Vocals - Marvin Montgomery, Piano - Knocky Parker, Fiddle - Robert "Buck" Buchanan, Guitar & Background Vocals - Muryel Campbell, Guitar, Speech (Male Voice), & Background Vocals - Ramon DeArman, Bass & Background Vocals - Jim Boyd, Background Vocals - Kenneth Pitts. Recorded In Dallas, Texas November 30th 1938.
- Send Me A Man (Alberta Hunter) (2:56)
Vocals - Alberta Hunter, Piano - Alex Hill, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In New York March 20th 1935.
- It Feels So Good Part 2 (Lonnie Johnson & Spencer Williams) (3:07)
Guitar & Vocals - Lonnie Johnson, Vocals - Spencer Williams, Piano - J.C. Johnson. Recorded In New York February 18th 1929.
- Rock Me Daddy (Georgia White) (3:11)
Vocals - Georgia White, Alto Sax - Edgar Saucier, Piano - Richard M. Jones, Guitar - Lonnie Johnson Or Ikey Robinson, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago November 9th 1937.
- Shave 'Em Dry (1st Version) (Lucille Bogan) (2:53)
Vocals - Lucille Bogan, Piano - Walter Roland. Recorded In New York March 5th 1935.
- He Hadn't Up Till Yesterday (Sophie Tucker With Ted Shapiro & His Orchestra) (2:56)
Vocals - Sophie Tucker, Piano - Ted Shapiro, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded August 28th 1928.
- Daddy, You've Got Ev'rything (Mary Dixon) (2:49)
Vocals - Mary Dixon, Clarinet - Ed Ellen, Piano - J.C. Johnson. Recorded In New York March 20th 1929.
- The Rotten Cocksuckers Ball (The Clovers) (1:19)
Recorded In New York 1954, 1956, Or 1957.