Various Artists - Copulatin' Blues
This album contains 22 of the best Dirty Blues recordings of all time in a beautifully digitally remastered state. Featuring such renowned artists as Bessie Smith, Sidney Bechet, Lil Johnson, Jelly Roll Morton, Ethel Waters, Bo Carter, Lucille Bogan, and many other Blues Legends, this compilation is sure to be greatly enjoyed by any fan of the Pre-War blues genre.
- Preachin' Blues (Sidney Bechet & His New Orleans Feetwarmers) (3:04)
Bass & Vocals - Wilson Myers, Soprano Sax - Sidney Bechet, Piano - Sonny White, Guitar - Charlie Howard, Drums - Kenny Clarke. Recorded In New York February 5th 1940.
- Let's Get Drunk And Truck (Lil Johnson With Her Chicago Swingers) (3:07)
Vocals - Lil Johnson, Trumpet - Lee Collins, Clarinet - Arnett Nelson, Piano - J.H. Shane, Bass - John Lindsay. Recorded In Chicago August 20th 1936.
- I Need A Little Sugar In My Bowl (Bessie Smith) (2:50)
Vocals - Bessie Smith, Piano - Clarence Williams. Recorded In New York November 20th 1931.
- New Rubbin' On The Darned Old Thing (Oscar's Chicago Swingers Featuring Lovin' Sam Theard) (2:39)
Vocals - Lovin' Sam Theard, Piano - Probably John Oscar, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago May 5th 1936.
- Stavin' Chain (That Rockin' Swing) Take 2 (Lil Johnson) (3:03)
Vocals - Lil Johnson, Trumpet - Punch Miller Or Alfred Bell, Drums - Probably Fred Williams, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago June 10th 1937.
- Don't You Make Me High (Merline Johnson) (2:39)
Vocals - Merline Johnson, Sax - Buster Bennett, Piano - Blind John Davis, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago October 4th 1938.
- My Daddy Rocks Me (With One Steady Roll) (Tampa Red's Hokum Jug Band Featuring Frankie "Half Pint" Jaxon) (3:26)
Vocals - Frankie "Half Pint" Jaxon, Kazoo & Washboard - Herman Brown, Jazzhorn & Jug - Carl Reid, Guitar - Tampa Red, Bass - Bill Johnson, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago Circa April 13th 1929.
- Keep Your Hands Off My Mojo (Coot Grant & Kid Wilson) (3:02)
Vocals - Coot Grant (Leola B. Wilson) Vocals & Piano - Kid Wilson (Wesley Wilson). Recorded In New York February 17th 1932.
- State Street Blues (Lovin' Sam Theard) (2:50)
Vocals - Lovin' Sam Theard, Piano - Probably Cow Cow Davenport, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago April 13th 1929.
- I'll Keep Sittin' On It (If I Can't Sell It) (Georgia White) (2:57)
Vocals - Georgia White, Piano - Richard M. Jones, Guitar - Ikey Robinson Or Les Paul, Bass - John Lindsay. Recorded In Chicago May 12th 1936.
- Winin' Boy Blues, Part 2 (Jelly Roll Morton) (4:19)
Piano & Vocals - Jelly Roll Morton. Recorded In Washington D.C. June 12th 1938.
- Press My Button (Ring My Bell) (Lil Johnson) (3:14)
Vocals - Lil Johnson, Piano - Black Bob, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago February 12th 1936.
- Save Me Some (Palooka Washboard Band) (2:48)
Trumpet & Vocals - Herb Morand, Clarinet - Odell Rand, Piano - Horace Malcolm, Guitar - Joe Or Charlie McCoy, Bass - Probably John Lindsay, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago October 27th 1937.
- Shave 'em Dry (2nd Version) (Lucille Bogan) (3:26)
Vocals - Lucille Bogan, Piano - Walter Roland. Recorded In New York March 5th 1935.
- Please Warm My Wiener (Bo Carter) (3:00)
Guitar & Vocals - Bo Carter. Recorded In New Orleans January 19th 1935.
- Hot Nuts (Get 'Em From The Peanut Man) (Georgia White) (2:47)
Vocals & Probably Piano - Georgia White, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In New York January 24th 1936.
- You Stole My Cherry (Lil Johnson) (2:39)
Vocals - Lil Johnson, Trumpet - Probably Mr. Sheiks (Alfred Bell), Piano - Black Bob, Other Musicians Unknown. Recorded In Chicago March 3rd 1937.
- Bring Your Greenbacks (Ethel Waters) (2:52)
Vocals - Ethel Waters, Piano - Fletcher Henderson. Recorded In New York January 22nd 1926.
- Barbecue Bess (Lucille Bogan (Originally Released As Bessie Jackson)) (2:40)
Vocals - Lucille Bogan, Piano - Walter Roland, Guitar - Probably Josh White. Recorded In New York March 6th 1935.
- Must Get Mine In Front (Irene Scruggs) (2:31)
Vocals - Irene Scruggs, Piano - Little Brother Montgomery. Recorded In Grafton, Wisconsin Circa September 1930.
- I'm In The Racket (Billie Pierce) (3:21)
Piano & Vocals - Billie Pierce. Recorded 1956.
- Do Your Duty (Bessie Smith Accompanied By Buck And His Band) (3:27)
Trumpet - Frankie Newton, Trombone - Jack Teagarden, Clarinet - Benny Goodman, Tenor Sax - Chu Berry, Piano - Buck Washington, Guitar - Bobby Johnson, Bass - Billy Taylor. Recorded In New York November 24th 1933.